This report offers purchasing and procurement tips for managers involved in decisions about selecting a DAM system. Also included is an example RFP with questions that specifically relate to Digital Asset Management.
Request the report
Practical advice for IT professionals on issues from systems integration to the IT infrastucture requirements for Digital Asset Management.
Request the report
Marketing managers are invited to consider 12 crucial points that will determine the success or failure of a web video archive.
Request the report
Daydream offers a training service package to help both existing and prospective DAM users to choose a suitable Digital Asset Management solution to meet their needs. We prefer educating in-house personnel to take on this challenge themselves so there is an opportunity for you to develop greater expertise about Digital Asset Management, but can also assist you with the process itself if you need us to.
Why Get Training To Help Select A DAM System?
Our DAM training and consulting services are designed to either compliment each other or be used separately, according to how much help you need. These are some reasons why you might request our assistance:
- We can help reduce the risk of choosing the wrong vendor by helping you to formulate your requirements as precisely as possible.
- We can advise you on the most efficient way to manage the process so you don't spend an excessive amount of time on it or gloss over important considerations that can impact ROI later.
- We can advise you on conventions, terminology and other DAM-industry jargon which vendors may use.
- We can interpret technical descriptions provided by vendors into plain English and advise whether they are relevant or necessary.
- We can enable you to develop a selection process which is not onerous for neither you nor the vendor, but also is in-depth enough to identify all the most important aspects of the decision.
To deliver our vendor selection training packages, we provide a combination of written learning materials, webinars, live training and consulting.
Why Use Daydream To Help Us?
We can offer a number of unique benefits:
- DAM is our core business. Daydream are exclusively focussed on Digital Asset Management.
- We have decades of experience in DAM system design, build and roll out for a range of global clients.
- We can help you to refine your requirements and use industry-standard terminology so prospective vendors can understand your objectives more easily.
- We know the DAM software market intimately and have specialist inside-knowledge of the latest systems and providers.
- Our service is both flexible and scalable. We can adapt to suit your needs and budget.
What DAM System Selection Training Is Available?
We devise a suitable programme of training and can combine this with consultation for a specific selection task also, if you wish. The training and consulting support can include any or all of the following:
Basic Training Service
- Scoping initial requirements: identifying exactly why you need a DAM system.
- Preparing a vendor brief: using your requirements analysis to describe everything you need from a system, including unique characteristics of your organisation that might impact the selection of candidate solutions.
- DAM terminology: teaching you about Digital Asset Management terminology and translating your requirements into language that vendors are more likely to understand (as well as educating you about the terms they might use).
- Identifying a list of candidate vendors: using the requirements, vendor brief together with various resources (both free and paid).
It is possible to upgrade from one package to another at no additional cost, providing you do so within one month of any service package being completed.
All service packages include a free copy of our whitepaper: Buying Corporate DAM Systems.
We provide these deliverables as part of this training service package:
- Training documents and whitepapers.
- Templates you can use as a basis for your own evaluations.
- Webinars explaining the key topics and how to use the templates.
If required, we can also deliver one-to-one consultations either remotely via telephone or on-site. Like all our other training, the basic service can be oriented around a real live requirement, it is not intended to be used a purely theoretical exercise.
Advanced Training Service
Our advanced vendor selection training service package includes all the basic items, plus the following:
- How to conduct vendor demonstrations, scripted scenarios and product trials: we outline the optimum format to use for demonstrations, including the length of time to allow, number of people involved, what to ask for and other demo-related topics. For trials we advise on how to structure these to ensure you get the most from them.
- Shortlisting vendors: how to narrow down the long list of vendors based on initial demonstrations, deciding who to invite for follow-up scripted demos and to respond to an RFP.
- Writing RFPs: we explain how to author these so they are not excessively detailed and repetitive but are still in-depth enough to get the necessary level of information from candidate vendors.
- Whitepapers and documentation on how to conduct demonstrations.
- Documentation to help you decide what to include in your scripted scenario demos and how to handle testing of trial editions.
- Webinars to explain the key points of the documentation as well as answer any questions you might have.
- Example RFPs and notes on the reasoning behind the questions.
- Training on using our damvendors.com DAM vendor directory and shortlisting tools.
- Two hours of consulting to cover more in-depth and specific subjects (additional time also available).
Comprehensive - Full Selection Management
This includes all Basic and Advanced training service packages and management of your selection process where we advise you on what to do at every stage.
RFP Response Management
We issue the RFP to the shortlisted vendors, obtain the responses and summarise them. We follow up any late submissions and ensure the returned documentation is in a standardised format. If any candidate vendors elect to withdraw from the process, we find alternative vendors (where available).
- Completed RFP responses from each vendor.
- Summary documentation about each.
Scripted Scenario Demonstrations
This is one of the more demanding aspects of reviewing prospective DAM vendors. We develop a series of scripted tests that describe in precise terms the nature of the task that must be carried out and then invite the vendor to demonstrate how they might be achieved with their solution. These should be similar to training exercises that the vendor would be expected to provide if appointed. The scripted reviews are usually carried out as remote demonstrations (although on-site is possible also). On some occasions, we might also carry these out with the client (or without, if you prefer) on a sandbox or trial edition to independently verify that the process of completing a given task is as it appears when the vendor carried out the demonstration.
- Vendor scripted demonstration sessions.
- Additional independent tests also (as required).
- Eight hours of consultation to organise and conduct the demonstrations.
Review and Recommendations
The review and recommendations is the culmination of the selection process where we summarise our findings and critically evaluate the vendor's performance across the demonstrations and RFP. As well as information for you, we also prepare constructive feedback for all the participating vendors which can be passed on to them so they can optimise their offer for subsequent evaluations.
- A review report with a summary of the findings from the demonstrations.
- A review report assessing the RFP.
- Recommendations for the most suitable option.
- Two hours of consultation explaining the findings to you and answering additional questions you might have.
Follow Up Services
Daydream will continue to be available should you need us for the duration of the implementation. This might include further training, project management services or alternatively validation exercises where you can test what was delivered against what the vendor claimed they would provide during the pre-appointment selection phase. It should be noted that although we can offer the full spectrum of DAM delivery management services, we do recommend you aim to build internal expertise and use our services in an efficient and targeted fashion.
DAM System Reviews & Evaluation Training Service Package Overview
Note: the majority of the services provided are training-oriented, although we do acknowledge that this will typically be delivered in the context of a real vendor selection requirement.
|Initial requirements consultation|
|Identification of vendors|
|Initial vendor demonstrations|
|Writing of RFP|
|RFP response management|
|Scripted scenario review|
|Review and recommendations|
For further information on our Digital Asset Management Reviews & Evaluation Training Service Package, email email@example.com or telephone us on: +44 (0)20 7096 1471.